Day 1, Digital Media

Welcome to my first blog which will most likely be my best blog,  I am Maddy O. I was born and raised in New Hampshire and am the oldest of four sisters. This fall I am beginning my junior year at the University of Tampa. I am an Advertisement and Public relations major with a Marketing minor. which may not last long as I am considering swapping my major for my minor. On campus I find myself getting involved with many different organizations, always looking for new experiences. Currently I serve as the Internal Public Relations chair for St. Jude Up 'Til Dawn. I have been a member of the Spartan Scarlets dance team for two years, competing in two national competitions. I am also an active member of Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Pi chapter at UT. In addition to my campus involvement I am always looking to gain professional experience. This past summer I began working as the Marketing Intern for GLE Associates, an environmental, architecture, and engineering consulting firm in Tampa. 

This class has interested me for enough semesters that I had to go through a series of email correspondence to be placed in this section. As an Ad and PR major I always find myself learning what to do but never how to do any of it. Programs like Adobe Creative Suite are essential to know when working on digital marketing/creating advertisements. I expect to gain knowledge about these individual programs which will help me throughout my professional career. I hope to become more comfortable navigating a computer and learning through trial and error. This class is one that I know will teach me the 'how to's' that I have been looking for. 

Comments