Calligram


For my calligram I created a butterfly figure out of lyrics from Travis Scott’s song “Butterfly Effect”. I wanted a simple form that I also had a connection to which for me was what inspired the butterfly. The lyrics were simply the first song that I could think of which had the word ‘butterfly’ in the title but I have always been a huge fan of Travis Scott. For color choice I tried to emulate the real colors of a swallowtail butterfly which is black and blue. I used a gradient background in light yellow so that the words in the calligram would stand out more. I struggled with this project quite a bit and discovered that I need to play with the type tool more in the future. Although the project does not look quite like I had anticipated I am happy with the completed project because I can see the vision in its earliest stage.

Comments